Department of German Language and Literature
Nihon University aims at developing human resources who can promote cultural development and contribute to world peace and welfare of mankind by cultivating the spirit of “independent creativity”.
Based on this philosophy, the College of Humanities and Sciences aims to cultivate human resources who can learn the fundamentals of the extensive fields encompassing the humanities, social studies, and sciences, who will acquire deep knowledge that will bridge the “humanities” and “sciences”, and who will acquire practical skills to blend and make use of this knowledge for contributing to the modern society. The department wishes to admit students who understand our objective, will strive towards solving global issues by changing themselves and the society, and who are extremely ambitious and passionate.
The department employs various selection methods to accept students who meet these conditions, but as a prerequisite, students are required to meet the following criteria.
1. Students who have healthy intellectual curiosity and creativity that is not confined to existing ideas.
2. Students who are interested in the literature, linguistics, and culture of the German-speaking countries and who aims to extensively and deeply study the various aspects of the German culture by acquiring advanced proficiency in German.
3. Students who can carefully examine the complex workings of mankind and society in various cultures and who can come up with questions.
4. Students who are keen on practically contributing to the society and the world by solving problems.
5. Students who have basic communication skills centered around Japanese and German.
- Department of Biosciences
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Japanese Language and Literature
- Department of Information Science
- Department of History
- Department of German Language and Literature
- Department of Geography
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Education
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Chinese Language and Culture
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Sociology