Department of Geography
Based on the admission policy of the College of Humanities and Sciences, the Department of Geography admits students who aspire to contribute to the sustainable development of local community and to solve the various regional issues faced by the world and Japan.
As a prerequisite, students are required to meet the following criteria.
1. Students who are interested in field work and can conceptualize how the phenomena can be expanded into a geographical space.
2. Students who can think logically about the various regional issues faced by the world as well as Japan and have the ability to explain the results obtained through discussions and collaborations with people.
3. Students who are interested in the relationship between nature, mankind and society and can elucidate on it.
4. Students who have a sense of purpose and motivation to contribute towards the sustainable development of local community.
5. Students who are skilled and knowledgeable in the physical and human geography as well as the geographical information learnt in the high-school curriculum. Furthermore, the students who are also proficient in representing the geospatial information such as maps and statistics on GIS.
- Department of Biosciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Chinese Language and Culture
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Education
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Geography
- Department of German Language and Literature
- Department of History
- Department of Information Science
- Department of Japanese Language and Literature
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Physics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Sociology