Department of Education
Nihon University aims at developing human resources who can promote cultural development and contribute to world peace and welfare of mankind by cultivating the spirit of “independent creativity”.
Based on this philosophy, the College of Humanities and Sciences aims to cultivate human resources who can learn the fundamentals of the extensive fields encompassing the humanities, social studies, and sciences, who will acquire deep knowledge that will bridge the “humanities” and “sciences”, and who will acquire practical skills to blend and make use of this knowledge for contributing to the modern society. The department wishes to admit students who understand our objective, will strive towards solving global issues by changing themselves and the society, and who are extremely ambitious and passionate.
The department employs various selection methods to accept students who meet these conditions, but as a prerequisite, students are required to meet the following criteria.
1. Students who have healthy intellectual curiosity and creativity that is not confined to existing ideas.
2. Students who hold deep interest in diverse cultures and societies and can positively overcome any differences.
3. Students who can carefully examine the complex workings of nature, human beings, and society, and can come up with questions.
4. Students who are keen on practically contributing to the society and the world by solving problems.
5. Students who have basic communication skills centered around Japanese.
- Department of Biosciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Chinese Language and Culture
- Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Education
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of Geography
- Department of German Language and Literature
- Department of History
- Department of Information Science
- Department of Japanese Language and Literature
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Physics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Welfare
- Department of Sociology